Powered by Blogger.

Body Paint and other Shenanigans

>> Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thursday



So, today was officially Art Day!




I dropped both the kids off at school and headed to the craft store for a new canvas. With a hefty $85 price tag for the one I wanted (yes, I wanted the biggest canvas in the store), I knew I needed to get a little creative. So I scrapped that idea and went next door to the hardware store for a drop cloth.



It was liberating...jamming out to music splattering paint everywhere, no children in sight.

When the kiddos came home they wanted in on the action. So, later that afternoon I dragged out the water colors. Aiden was totally irritated that he couldn't get the exact shade of red he was wanting. After explaining that we either find joy in painting or we do not paint at all...






















Well, ladies and gentlemen, the boy found joy!
So much joy in fact, he had to wash all of it off in the yard with the garden hose.









He was so funny! He kept asking me if he could hide from animals now. Pretty sure he was going for some intense camouflage.



For two seconds, as brown paint dripped from his tummy, I thought about dolling out the lecture about only painting on the paper. Then I thought, Why??? What does it really matter if the kid is painted head to toe in water colors? If his chosen medium is skin instead of paper?
Isn't this the exact thing I am trying to teach him? To color outside the lines? To think outside the box? To be his own person?

There is so much more to life than doing what's expected! So let go of expectations and see how colorful life becomes!


Love,
Big Momma Payne

Note: The words on my painting are from Pete Murray's Song Possibility
Even though Aiden had a blast painting himself happy, he also knows momma draws the line at painting the walls.
(Although I have no problem what so ever with covering entire walls with $9 drop cloths painted to your heart's content ;  ))

3 comments:

Jason879 September 26, 2010 at 5:12 AM  

"...if his chosen medium is skin rather than paper...." heck yeah, sounds like someone is advocating for childhood tattoos!!! Just remember, I really want to be there for his first one!!

Unknown September 27, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

I plan for it to be a family event. Will keep you posted. HA!

designatedhugger September 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

LOVE IT!!!!! I Love the pics! Love the freedom! Thanks for sharing everything:))) Tell Aiden I really enjoyed seeing his body art:) The design on his face looks like somebody's hand making the peace sign:) Looks like you all had a blast:)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Listen to crystalpistol101s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP