Powered by Blogger.

A Stolen Morning

>> Monday, October 4, 2010

This morning I sit on the patio of this funky little breakfast place chowing down on the most delicious chocolate croissant and sipping a vanilla latte from a REAL cup.

Do people do that anymore...drink coffee from real cups???

Maybe I'm just too busy to notice, buzzing in and out, just being grateful for a caffeine transfusion on the few occasions I allow myself to indulge.



I am lost in the delicious coffee smell.


     

      Out here I breathe.



It's quiet-- not real quiet, but definitely a different type of quiet than is experienced amongst the company of a toddler and a preschooler.



I can think...
           thoughts beyond who needs what.



Everything becomes more beautiful when I slow down...when I stop to notice.

The way I can feel myself breathing, the way the cool breeze whispers through my hair, the warmth of the latte as it slips down my body, the birds chirping, an older couple sharing good conversation and a bite to eat...

                                                                                 Beautiful.

I become a real woman again in a morning stolen away.


I am more than these cut off shorts and flip flops. I am more than the etsy bitsy spider. I am more than the cook, the chauffeur, the launder, the bottom wiper, the market shopper. I am more than a mother and wife.

On mornings spent totally alone sipping a latte and listening to my own breath, present in this moment, I remember.

And when I own her-- the REAL ME, when I take time to listen to the needs of my own heart, I come back excited to give. After feeding my own soul, I am a better mother, lover, listener, friend. And I am ready to give with my whole heart to a family that deserves nothing less.

Love,
Big Momma Payne

**What are you doing to feed your soul? I would love to hear! Leave a comment maybe even post a picture!  Everyone needs time away. So here you go!! I give you permission..not that you needed it ;  )**

3 comments:

designatedhugger October 5, 2010 at 4:33 AM  

Great words of wisdom girl! I think we all need this reminder - to slow down and take time to be quiet, think, listen. Oh! And a wonderful cup of latte always helps:)))
Right now I'm reading your blog, sipping a glass of orange juice and munching an english muffin with p-nut butter as I'm a bit early to leave for work. Great morning:)

designatedhugger October 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Missin you right back.....wishing we could share a cup (in a real cup) of something delicious together (in the same room:) Love you sweetheart!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Listen to crystalpistol101s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP